Quick Links
Skip to main content Skip to navigation

Junior Note:


Ajax Loading Image



NOTE TO JUNIORS:  If there is any possible chance you will attend college after graduation, there are several things that need to be done:

  1. Everything is online.  You will need access to the internet.  If you do not have access at home, utilize the library computers or see me.
  2. If you haven’t taken the ACT, take it.  Colleges will require those scores for admittance.  Sign up online at www.actstudent.org.  The more you take it, the better your score.  If you receive free or reduced lunches, you can receive up to 2 vouchers total during your junior and senior year.  If you are a JOM student, you can receive a $30 reimbursement for your ACT each year as well.  You will pay for your ACT and then turn in a receipt to Mrs. Cordray and JOM will reimburse you.  If you are considering concurrent enrollment at Connors your senior year, you must have taken the ACT.
  3. Concurrent enrollment applications should be done in the spring before your senior year.  See me for the proper forms.  If you have not applied and been accepted to Connors for concurrent enrollment, do so online.  They no longer take paper applications.  Remember, you have to have a 19 composite and subject score to enroll.
  4. Utilize Gore School’s Webpage www.gorepublicschools.org and you will find Counselor’s Corner under Resources.  I post information there frequently.  This will be your best bet for up to date information. 
  5. Apply to the college(s) of your choice ASAP.  There are many college specific scholarships but you have to be accepted to that college first.  Many preferred scholarships now have October deadlines.  Research over the summer and come into your senior year with a plan.  The earlier you apply and are accepted, the more scholarships available to you.   
  6. Applications for Admission, scholarships, etc.  are now online.  Go to the college/university website to find them.  They will be under headings such as New Students, Admissions, Freshmen, Incoming Students, etc. depending on what they call it at their school.  It should be easy to locate on all college web sites.  You will be going in as a first-time freshman or student, even if you attended college as a concurrent high school student.
  7. If you have not done so, complete a profile at OKcollegestart.org.  Give your counselor permission to view and send your transcript to colleges.  This will also allow you to send your own transcript electronically.  Electronic transcripts are considered to be “official” by all colleges/universities.  You may also get a transcript from the high school office or the counselor’s office.  Paper transcripts are not considered official unless they are signed and sealed by a school official.  And the best part?  There are lists and lists and more lists of scholarships on this site!  Also, okcareerguide.org is a site that Matt and Randy from ICTC set you up with in either 8th or 10th grade.  There are a lot of scholarship resources available on this site as well.